This recipe is my mom’s and it is so fantastic and easy to make! You can easily spice the base recipe up with additions of other veggies and proteins if you want but I personally love the simple corn chowder!
Simple Corn Chowder
A hearty, warming chowder for a cold winter's evening!
- 1 Large Soup Pot
- 1 Large Onion diced
- 3 slices Bacon diced
- 6 Medium Potatoes diced
- 1 cup Corn Kernels fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream you can add more for a creamier consistency
- 1 tsp Salt add more to taste
- 1 tsp Pepper add more to taste
- In a large soup pot, fry the diced bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate and blot to remove excess fat. Set aside.
- In the bacon fat, sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add potatoes and just enough water to cover them. Cover the pot with a lid and cook over medium-high heat until potatoes are soft.
- Use a masher to break the potatoes up into smaller chunks. Then, add the corn kernels and cook until heated through.
- Add the cream until you've reached your desired consistency and add the salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, add a handful of the reserved bacon to the top of each bowl of soup.
2 thoughts on “Simple Corn Chowder”