French toast is one of my favorite weekend breakfasts when switching it up from my usual oatmeal or eggs. I figured why not make it extra festive and make gingerbread French toast. Whip this up for Christmas morning breakfast or any day that you want!
Gluten Free Gingerbread French Toast
Servings: 2 people
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Griddle can also use nonstick pan
- 8-10 slices gluten free toast sub regular bread if you don't need to eat gluten free
- 2 tsp coconut sugar you can use brown sugar if you don't have coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cardamom optional
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- maple syrup for topping
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Then, add the coconut sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cardamom, if using. Mix well.
- Preheat either a griddle, or a medium nonstick pan and add the butter. Soak each piece of bread on both sides for about 30 seconds total, one at a time, and then place on the heated pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip once golden brown, and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Cook the remaining slices.
- Serve with maple syrup or sliced fruit!